*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3219661
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2018 at 6:48am
Edited: October 6, 2018 at 11:08pm
Editing date of book item entries
by Emily
I have a book item, classified as a “Collection” with entries displayed in the “full listing, 1 entry per page” format ("October 2018 NaNo Prep Challenge) and I wondered if it was possible to show both when the entries were originally added as well as when they were last edited?

Currently, the main book page where all the entries are listed shows when the entries were last “entered,” which is the last edited date, and when you click into an entry, it shows that last edited date as the date the entry was “added,” which is not true.

I just went to check in my “Blog” item to see if this language was the same, and when on the main blog page where all the entries are listed, each entry shows a date, which is the date the entry was originally added. However, when clicking into the entry so that it is the only one displayed on the page, the same language of the entry being “added” on the edit date is used.

Sorry if I’m being overly complicated. The essence of my suggestion is this: is it possible to change the language of when a book entry was last edited to say that it was “edited on a date” rather than “added on a date?”

Thank you!
Emily

Just a bit creepy

BOOK
A Piece Of My Heart  (18+)
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#2166092 by Emily
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Editing date of book item entries · 10-06-18 6:48am
by Emily
Re: Editing date of book item entries · 10-06-18 10:59pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Editing date of book item entries · 10-06-18 11:13pm
by Emily
Re: Editing date of book item entries · 10-07-18 3:01pm
by ruwth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3219661