*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3227741
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 5, 2018 at 10:14am
Edited: November 9, 2018 at 9:36pm
Goals! November to Remember - 11/5 - 11/9 Now with Updates!
by Mastiff
1) The biggest goal is to just keep chugging along and putting words on a page instead of just thinking them. I'll find myself sitting or lying down, not doing anything else and just developing a story in my head. Instead, especially since I'm trying to write 50,000 for the NaMoWriMo contest, I have to type while I think instead of just think.

I accomplished this part. I'm thinking and typing at the same time. If I found myself off in a fog thinking about stories, or other things to put to paper, I write! I will need edits...

2) I'd like to finish a short story I started previously that has just a few lines done this week. I'm very proud of myself with what I accomplished this past week-end. The story I wrote below was the first thing I started on WDC when I joined about nine months ago. I'd lost almost half of it in an accidental delete, left a couple paragraphs on the old computer when I switched it out, and never thought it would see the light of day. If I can bring that one to life, anything is possible. I'd like to get three more like that done, one a week this month, again, if possible! Unfortunately, the one I'm working on is kind of romance, which isn't my best genre, but it doesn't fit into any contests! *Sad*.

STATIC
Melrose Place to Fernrock  (GC)
We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back. Very simple plan of attack. ~ Jimmy Buffett
#2173784 by Mastiff

I did not get there, I was focused on some other projects, mainly a silly little comedy book. I did manage to get the background paragraphs out, and now I'm going to jump into the dialogue, and that's the meat of it. I have a long week-end, so I plan to finish it.

3) Finish my challenge at A Very Wodehouse Challenge. I'm waiting on other participants to write, since reviewing their work is part of my own mission to complete the challenge. I'd like to do it soon if I can.

Mission accomplished!

4) Sadly, reviews don't count as words written in the big contest this month, but I'd still like to take time out to do some, since I'm part of a reviewing group, but have been out of commission because of shoulder surgery that wouldn't allow me to type.

I only did one, but it was part of the Wodehouse Challenge. However it was the most in depth review I've ever done. 5000 or so words.

So, that's a nice set of writing goals, seeing as I work 45 to 50 hours a week. But on the bright side, during downtime at work, I can get in a few written words of my own! I'll update on Friday and let you know my week-end plans, too!

NoMoWriMo! Maybe watch a couple football games in between. *Smile* Work on my novella. finish one short story, and look at a couple other contest to enter! Wish me luck!

Mastiff

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~ Swift
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goals! November to Remember - 11/5 - 11/9 Now with Updates! · 11-05-18 10:14am
by Mastiff

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3227741