*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3270346
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #430933
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 12, 2019 at 8:36pm
Re: Needs removing ASAP
As the proud owner of 22 interactives, and adder to dozens of others, I can honestly tell you that interactives, and writing in general here on the site, comes in all shapes and sizes, and a lot of them are crazy. Some are child/family friendly, others are for teenagers and young adults, and then there are those that are for more adult mentalities. I could make one family-friendly story about a kid playing Hide and Seek with their friends, and then make an adult-only story about a murderer who does exceedingly cruel things to their victims. Providing I rate them properly, like E-13+ for the kid story, and 18+-XGC for the adult story, both would be fine here.

As for interactives, same thing applies. I have interactives that are 13+ to make things more family friendly, especially given the nature of some of the stories the interactives are based off of for the fan-fics, and I have those that are rated 18+ to allow for a more mature-level of writing, where sex and violence is allowed.

As it is, the only person who has any control over the content of an interactive, or any writing in general, is the owner themselves. Suppose User123 added to User456's interactive, InteractiveXYZ, and let's say the interactive is about women with big bellies (Surprisingly enough, there's plenty of interactives like that), and User123 followed User456's rules for the interactive, such as obeying the rules about Spelling and Grammar for instance, then it might stay in the interactive. On the other hand, if the chapter is nothing but gobbledygook, and does nothing to advance the story about the big bellied women, User456 might delete it. On the other hand, if they find the chapter to follow the rules, only for User789 to complain about the chapter for some reason that doesn't make sense to User456, especially if the chapter is in compliance to the rules, not to mention the rating, then User456 can safely ignore User789's suggestion to remove said chapter.

In short, providing that an item is rated correctly, anything that one wants to write can be written. If you wish to to write a crazy story about this site being a kingdom with SM and SMs being King and Queen, go ahead. If you want to write them as an EVIL King and Queen doing WICKED THINGS, go ahead there - they might each give you a Merit Badge, an Awardicon, a year's Upgraded Membership, and paid customicon, just for making them laugh.

GROUP
Non-Humans R Us  (13+)
Anthros and monsters discussion group.
#1625765 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
Save My Membership Auction - Closed  (E)
Help me to save my Membership, and various Groups as well. Closed
#1825777 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/alockwood1
My Signiture, a gift from a friend.
Signiture image
Another signiture image
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Merit Badge in Welcome
[Click For More Info]

Welcome to Writing.Com! Merit Badge in Renaissance
[Click For More Info]

*^*Unicorn*^*  Thank you for your response to my Fantasy Newsletter on unicorns! You are magical! *^*Wand*^* Merit Badge in Forum Posts 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  interacting with our community within message forums every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!

MESSAGE THREAD
Needs removing ASAP · 05-12-19 6:30pm
by aybo
Re: Needs removing ASAP · 05-12-19 6:54pm
by Andy~hating university
*Star* Re: Needs removing ASAP · 05-12-19 8:36pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3270346