*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271905
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 20, 2019 at 5:57pm
Goals for May 20-25: The Angels Fly Again
So, about two months ago, I started work on an alternative history novel in which angels take over several military bases all over the world. Originally, it was going to be a single, 90k word novel I was going to bring to editors and potential agents. As I started working on it, I realized that I couldn't fit all the action into a single novel, so I re-plotted it as a trilogy.

I wrote 90k words in the first novel and sent it to some friends for beta reading. Most of the answers that came back were that there were too many characters (a chronic problem of mine). I sat down with my mother (one of those beta readers) and we discussed at length what I could do to focus down the number of characters without sacrificing the story.

Enter: Phase Three

I am in the process of re-plotting book one into four separate novellas, the first three each focusing on a story thread and the final longer novel tying the three together into a single story and setting the stage for the next part of the trilogy. As I mentioned in another writing group, I really hope someone else on the planet enjoys reading about these characters as much as I love writing about them.

This week, my goal is to write a minimum of 1.5k words daily toward my final goal of 270k for the whole quartet. I'll be updating here as I complete my daily word counts.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goals for May 20-25: The Angels Fly Again · 05-20-19 5:57pm
by Linn Browning
Re: Goals for May 20-25: The Angels Fly Again · 05-21-19 11:24am
by Linn Browning
Re: Re: Goals for May 20-25: The Angels Fly Again · 05-24-19 3:01pm
by Linn Browning

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3271905