*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3277116
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 19, 2019 at 1:35pm
Re: Confused!
Hello! As someone who was also away for a while and was a bit overhwhelmed when diving back in, I offer my sympathy and I hope you settle in again soon. WDC is a wonderful place. Here are a few things I found helpful. Maybe they'll be of some use to you, too.

If you're looking for honest critique, I've always found the site's "Please Review page a great place to start. People visit that page either to offer or request no-holds-barred critique of their work, so it's a good place to start if you're looking for feedback!

As for getting back into critiquing, I think at least part of it is like riding a bike. You really don't feel ready for it at all until you're back in the saddle, giving it a go. (Maybe not even then!) But the best way to get back into it is to get back into it.

I found it helpful to look at the Public Reviewing Page  . It's a good place to get an idea of what the current reviewing trends are. Seeing it done by others can be just as informative as doing it yourself. It's also a way to vicariously experience reviewing if you're not quite ready to have a go at it, yourself.

The site's "Guidelines To Great Reviewing article is also a good, concise summary of some things worth considering when offering a review.

I've written a (much less concise) article on the topic of reviewing, too, with aspects to consider for all major item types. It's over at "On Giving Reviews

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best! *Salute*

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "Lucky Charm *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
Confused! · 06-19-19 12:41pm
by Medjay
*Star* Re: Confused! · 06-19-19 1:35pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 6:28am
by Medjay
Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 6:29am
by Medjay
Re: Re: Re: Confused! · 06-20-19 7:44am
by 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷
Re: Re: Re: Confused! · 06-21-19 1:58am
by Roseille ♥

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3277116