*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3292491
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #430933
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Sep 7, 2019 at 1:42am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet i...
*Lock* by A Non-Existent User
My "Personal Newsfeed" is now rated GC and below; so, I say what I want to say on there. Whether jokingly with slang occasionally, just chatting or posts about writing.

I find it hard to believe that grown adults will take something someone says jokingly, even with a "rollin'" smiley face emicon, and try to twist it into something it's not.

Let me close by saying it is not cool to go behind someone's back and talk about them on a separate section of a website. People that are not able to defend themselves are done many injustices when they are not aware of a circle brought together to throw shade. I am glad I had 1 friend in the circle that tagged me.

An educational moment:
The word "nigga" is used in the Black Community in the U.S.A. by millions as another word for her, he, you or friend and is even used to refer to Caucasians. As in, " You are my nigga," . Some people of color do not like it because it is derived from a hateful racist slur made up by racist Caucasians during the days of slavery in American history. It's all in how you want to feel about it. On a personal note, I am "mixed"; my dad was black (& Cherokee) and my mom was white (& Cheyenne). I look Hispanic. I have been called a n***er before but the slang "nigga" does not bother me because was not ... invented? to be racist.
It's Caucasians that have a problem with it because it is a black thing, although a lot of young people that are white and accept the Black Community use this slang word in abundance.
This was an educational moment and was not intended to offend anyone.

Let's try not to be so uptight, life is too short to be negative and full of hang-ups.

So, now it is time to let it go.

Molly King
"Write On and dig it baby."
MESSAGE THREAD
Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed Comment · 09-04-19 11:53pm
by runoffscribe
Re: Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed Comment · 09-05-19 12:44am
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed Comment · 09-05-19 12:49am
by runoffscribe
Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed Comment · 09-05-19 3:56am
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed Com... · 09-05-19 4:46am
by runoffscribe
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a Newsfeed... · 09-05-19 5:28am
by Robert Waltz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a News... · 09-05-19 3:05pm
by Sally
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet in a ... · 09-05-19 3:58pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epithet i... · 09-07-19 1:42am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Use of a racial epith... · 09-07-19 11:10am
by Sophy
This thread is locked and new replies may not be submitted.
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3292491