*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293548
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 10, 2019 at 6:18am
Edited: September 13, 2019 at 7:56pm
Goals...
by s
Just finished a 96k novel. It's currently with a beta reader. Counting false starts and rewrites, it took me 5 weeks.

Long-term goal: get the novella in my head onto the page.
Weekly goal: 20k words. I have the novella to get on with and 2 short stories I've been asked to write for a couple of anthologies. So, all up, 20k words... let's see.

UPDATE: Sep 11. The 2 short stories are done, one accepted within an hour of sending it off. That's 9k words done.
UPDATE: Sep 12. The novella petered out at 7.5k words. I don't think the story is strong enough, and coincidences abound. Back to the drawing board.
         ADDENDUM: Sep 12: The novella idea made a 2800 word short story. Think I even have a market for it. Will send it to the editor on the weekend.
UPDATE: Sep 13. 500 word short story flash fiction piece done, to be submitted later today. I'm cutting it short; submission window closes at 5pm today! Now to hit university assignments...
UPDATE: Sep 14. Well, the week is over and I failed in my word count goal. 19k words, including 7.5k words that didn't work.

So now we see how we'll go next week!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goals... · 09-10-19 6:18am
by s

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3293548