*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3310870
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #430933
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 11, 2019 at 10:23pm
Edited: December 11, 2019 at 11:05pm
Re: Re: Content rating on this item...
Hi ruwth ,

In Content Rating System (CRS) from Writing.Com 101 , where the text you copied is from...

Further down where we discuss "language":

Rating "Language"
Be sure to properly rate your item's "language". We try to make smooth transitions through our rating levels and what type of language each level allows. If an author has just one instance of the completed "F" word in an item's body, he/she must place it at least at an 18+ rating. Excessive use of this word bumps it to GC.

While one instance does absolutely bump an item to 18+, it is "excessive use" of the word that bumps the item to GC. While I understand how you may have implied this just by reading the 18+ description, rating policy is far deeper than those quick blurbs generated to give people a quick once-over on the ratings.

Indeed, we do not anywhere say it as simply "more than one makes the content GC". Instead, we specifically require it to be "excessive" -- which means a move from 18+ to GC is more subjective than just a simple counting of the "F" words... to make a judge on excessiveness, it must be based on the size of the text in question.

The word count on the item in question is nearly 3,500 words.

In my humble opinion, I'm in agreement with Dawn Embers that 8 uses in these particular 3,500 words is not excessive.

I hope this passage from the rating documentation and further explanation helps to clarify the policy on this.

Best wishes,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Message Forums
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on making your  100 th   forum post!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Please check content rating on this item... · 12-07-19 12:08pm
by ruwth
Re: Please check content rating on this item... · 12-07-19 2:19pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Content rating on this item... · 12-07-19 3:43pm
by ruwth
Re: Re: Content rating on this item... · 12-07-19 5:21pm
by Dawn Embers
*Star* Re: Re: Content rating on this item... · 12-11-19 10:23pm
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3310870