*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3314265
Rated: E · Message Forum · Spiritual · #381077
A forum designed for researching others' stories about God/Jesus. Post your testimony.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 1, 2020 at 2:34pm
How's this?
If you don't want to hear anymore, just let me know and I'll delete this thread so it's no more bother.

I was born into a Christian family. My dad is a Baptist preacher and my mom teaches Sunday school (when there are kids to teach). She also plays the piano for the congregation here.

We've lived in French Canada since I was eight years old, so nearly thirty years. We used to attend a bilingual youth camp in Vermont but that's been a number of years. I think my last time there I was seventeen or eighteen and I'm not over thirty. So time has passed, let me tell you.

I claimed to be saved when I was just five years old, but there was no change whatsoever in my behaviour or mannerisms.Five is just a little too early for it to be the real thing, if you ask me.

The real change in my life came when I was twelve years old. It took place at the youth camp I mention earlier. I realized after only a few days of devotions with my cabin and evening services how important it was for me to truly give my life over to God.

Now I'd heard a lot of what's taught concerning God many times before in my life. After all, I was a part of a Christian family. A pastor's family.

However, I like to think that since the age of twelve I've maintained my faith well. There were a few years of health issues from eighteen to roughly twenty-five where many people might question God's love and authority. But thankfully, we didn't. We still have God has the leader of our home. The leader of our current ministry. The leader of our very lives.

I hope and pray that I show others how to reach the Lord's eternal gift of salvation through my life.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
How's this? · 01-01-20 2:34pm
by KR LaLonde
Re: How's this? · 04-15-24 8:10pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Romantic Idealist.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3314265