SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3318510
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Religious · #2142994
A Christian Support and Encouragement Forum
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 18, 2020 at 10:15am
Sometimes God Makes You Take a Break
I'm not sure how many of you know, but on Friday, January 10th, I had emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I figured after the surgery, I'd be okay...however, that was not the case - on Monday, January 13th, I ended up in the emergency room again - with pneumonia. Okay, antibiotics for a few days and I'll be okay...again, not the case. Thursday, January 16th, I was back in the emergency room again. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting better. While the pneumonia was gone, it was discovered that on top of everything I had been dealing with in my healing process. More medications, more time off work. I had goals set for this year, some of which were daily goals, but due to this medical situation, I had not been able to work on my goals at all.

I started to question why this was happening to me at this particular time, just when things started to develop in a way that worked for me....and it dawned on me that sometimes, God makes you take a break because you won't take one voluntarily on your own. And while this was not the way I would have wanted to take a break, I realized that I had probably bitten off more than I could chew, but I wouldn't admit that I was trying to do too much at once, and that I hadn't had a break in a while.

So while I'm not taking the break the way I would want to, I am thankful that God made me take this break - a break that was much needed, whether I wanted to or not.

Folks, remember - there's a reason God rested on the 7th day - He was setting an example for us - every week, we should take a break and spend time with Him. So take a break! God pre-programmed it into our schedules for us!!

Thank you all who have known - for your support, your prayers and for your patience as I take this break. I am finally feeling much better and hopefully will soon be back on track for my goals, and be able to return to a more frequent schedule here on WDC soon.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** {/center}
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sometimes God Makes You Take a Break · 01-18-20 10:15am
by Rhoswen - Relentless Victory

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rhoswen - Relentless Victory.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3318510