*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3340119
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing · #2217132
Starting now, write and create joy and gratitude each day.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 19, 2020 at 7:54pm
Finding Kindness in Difficult Times
Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day and I sat through a Zoom meeting with Jewish Philadelphia. One of my breakout sessions was "Finding Kindness During Difficult Times."

There was a Holocaust survivor in the chat and oh man, the water works. I turned my camera off because I didn't want to become so verklempt that it would lead to more tears. She shares her story and humanity with others and she listens to others stories and humanities. Showing up and being there for others is kind.

Someone else on the chat has a grandma who survived the Holocaust and she relies on scrapbooking during this time, she loves going over old photos, old stories, and sharing them with her family. I was happy to read that because I've been scrapbooking like crazy during this time.

I live in a multi-faith family. My mom is an Atheist, dad is a C&E Catholic, I was Muslim for a bit, then I joined Jewish Philly to build my interfaith network. I love the communities, but if anything, I might be Noahide or just a Unitarian. Co-existence is important to me and that is one way I spread kindness.

Such a beautiful day and I always give thanks to these days. Mom has alcohol abuse disorder and at times that is very difficult. I've been learning to smile and show kindness through it all.

A signature for Quills nominees to use

A Sports Trip to Remember  [E]
Genres: Friendship - Travel - Sports
by Future Mrs. B

The writer is the engineer of the human soul.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Finding Kindness in Difficult Times · 04-19-20 7:54pm
by Future Mrs. B

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Future Mrs. B.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3340119