Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346188
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2219272
Contest Open To Newbie's Only.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 20, 2020 at 8:19am
My First Motor Bike
by kranand
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to "Newbie Contest Challenge Faculty Roster with this post.
Entry {b-item #2222325} My First Motor Bike
We - Process development Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Tooling Development Engineer, Costing and Quality Assurance Engineer and me Design Engineer - are all gathered around my design drafting table. Chief Design Manager presiding the chair. It’s about a Turret Hatch casting design for a Reconnaissance vehicle in consideration for deep jungle applications. Each had his points to resolve before design is finalised. It was a tense moment for me to consider their points resolved before freezing design.
After taking note of all views the review got adjourned, to act on the points before the next meet. We were all free to exchange fun and a bit of gossip! I being a newbie in the group, had expressed my desire to buy a good vehicle for my commute declaring, my registration to buy a new scooter is pending allotment, not sure when it could materialise.
“Guys, my 2500 cc Java bike with two stroke engine is for sale. I intend to change before my allotment of the new scooter….” said the Tool Development Engineer (TDE)
I, grabbing the offer fast, clinched a deal! Lo, the bike became my “First motor bike!”
It remained close to my heart ever since its entry into my life. I was a bachelor then when she appeared in my life. I commuted then from my house where I lived with my parents, driving daily with my friend Sujai about thirty kilometres. It was a bright sunny morning, it was my initial stages learning to drive, I ran into a buffalo that crossed my way suddenly before I could apply brakes. No, I did jam the brakes, but my colt couldn’t stop its inertia, rammed into the animal. Sujai flew in air in to road side soft bushes, while I flew off on the other side into the slopes with helmet on my head secure to save my head a crash. The animal happily walked away unmindful of the accident!

Bruised and shell shocked, we slowly walked back on to my horse, the Java, that was roaring with engine still on. It still remains on my memory screen, evergreen as it were, I couldn’t resist a loud laugh! Sujai even to this date tickles me with his characteristic laugh we enjoyed the ride for quite a long time!
I don’t do justice if I miss telling you the great moments I met my girl, now my better half. We took long drives together like free birds, care free forgetting the world! Again it’s my love Java that knew our likes and dislikes, ever ready take us piggy back irrespective of time, with a great enthusiasm, stop near the road side restaurant or the chaiwala or the sweetmeat stall on our way.
It’s my first, sweet Java that readily carried my toddler daughter, with rotund face, chubby cheeks, twinkling eyes, toying on the filling cap on its fuel tank while I took her on jolly rides all in and around our factory residents’ colony. It was the talk of the town describing my obsession for jolly ride on my Java with my toddler darling daughter, and a matter of fun.
My Java, would never allow me ride any other vehicle; jealous of any other vehicle take its place! She remained our beloved colt; she never was sick, didn’t complain. She cheerfully carried us, our two kids together all around for our day today outings, local trips. Our children enjoyed riding her and would never go out without her ride.
It was a sad Saturday noon, a known guy approached us, wanting to buy her. He was aggressively bent on buying it; we couldn’t resist when he promised he will keep it well maintained and cheerful as we did. In fit of weakness we sold her, now regret our action ever after.

CHARACTERS 3631 WORDS 639
WITHOUT WHITE SPACES 2926
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My First Motor Bike · 05-20-20 8:19am
by kranand
Re: My First Motor Bike · 05-20-20 10:18am
by Richard ~ Shenanigans INC.

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Richard ~ Shenanigans INC..
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3346188