Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3356821
by Monty
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #427318
The Place for Seniors!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 16, 2020 at 10:23am
Six questions answered
*Dollar* 1,000 GPs were sent to "SENIOR CENTER GROUP with this post.
Good morning! I saw the 6 questions posted yesterday and decided to write. I accidentally sent it to the wrong place yesterday, so I will give it another go, lol!

#1. My writing has been a series of fit and starts. Nothing concrete, just a lot of prompts from the local writing group I belong to. I have been very busy with family and my Muse, who I mistakenly thought was part of my family, is currently on strike. I have taken to limiting my time with the other group. Sanity demands it...all politics all the time is not good for anyone's sanity level. We have been doing the Zoom meetings, as all of us qualify for the Senior citizen category and some members are really dealing with some pretty rough health issues.

#2. I have read the Carole King memoir, "Natural Woman". Really good read. Add a lot of cozy mysteries and some occasional history related books to the mix. "The Curse of Oak Island" has been a favorite so far.

#3. I have to admit, I have been really remiss in reviewing. My bad!

#4. I have posted quite a few Thank You's to the kind members who remembered me on my Anniversary date here. Much appreciated, everyone of them. Adds to the guilt burden of not reviewing. Guilt is a great motivator, lol!

#5. On the ride to Virginia to see my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter, I got a a chance to listen to old CD's of Rod Stewart, Michael McDonald, and Barry Manilow doing their takes on the Great American Song Book music. It never ceases to amaze me just what artistry is produced when it is a project that they WANT to produce and not what they are commercially contracted to produce.

#6. As to learning something new. Yes indeedy, doodley! First off, I have thrown my chef hat into the Sour Dough ring. Not only was I able to grow my own starter, I have done two loaves, made crackers...and they are to die for...and sour dough pancakes. I will NEVER but pancake mix again, as long as I have sour dough starter discard.
I have started baby steps in the world of quilting and have worked more and more with knitting needles. I am a really good crochet artist and this summer have taken the knitting needles into the world of lace knitting.
The biggest thing new I have learned is that I am a bit more adventurous than I am willing to admit. We have been kayaking the waterways around our home and I have mustered enough guts to go venture out beyond the safety of our creek and marina to go over to see the Osprey mama and her babies out in bay. I have not gone much further than that as I am not a good swimmer. The Indian River Bay can get a bit choppy with all of the boaters and jet skiers. I am more than willing to say that right now
this is a limit that I will not push.

So, yes, I have been quite busy. We are taking the advantage of the ability to see immediate family when we can. We are preparing for the arrival of a second grandchild and adding a new family member through marriage. Hopefully the wedding can take place in October. We have been blessed so far with everyone taking the necessary precautions to stay safe. I do not mind the peace and quiet, but will gladly admit that I need to see a different set of four wall for a change, lol. Next week we will be visiting the newly pregnant pair. This is their first and want to tell us in person whether the newest McNamara is a boy or girl. I told them back in January that I had had a dream that they were going to have a little boy. I told my eldest son that his first was going to be a girl. Same thing...saw it in a dream. Can't wait to see if I go two for two, lol!
We shall see......
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Six questions answered · 07-16-20 10:23am
by Sand Castles Shopgirl 739

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Monty.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3356821