*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3379378
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 21, 2020 at 8:42am
Aspiring writer looking for a secure place for critique
Hello to the many peoples of peoples people....

I am A Christian furry, tulpamancer, and young at heart person. Basically I am a writer, artist, and DIY'r. My OC is Lily who was born in a river full of water lilies. Basically he is the avatar I hope to use to represent my books. I am currently writing a scifi fantasy that will be rather long. Actually it will be my primary books I hope to publish. I also will be publishing non-fiction for electronics DIY and hobby stuff.
I wanted to know how secure my writing will be and how long of a grace period I will have before I need to publish to avoid risk of losing it to some one else. I worked on the time line for these books a little over 10 years starting in 2008. It began as a writing assignment in a creative writers class. Recent years I started to make a stronger commitment to get reasonable book outlines made. Everything is set in generations. Each generation starts with a new set of Characters and is located in a different part of the time line. In total there will be 4 generations. If you ever read the books Warriors By Erin hunter its similar to her format of organizing her series of books. Only mine won't be about cats and it won't simply be chapter books. They will be novels like Harry Potter in size. Again different story and entirely different characters. This is just to give an example.
If I can get the first four novels written for Generation 3 in my time line I hope to publish them in close proximity of each other. I plan on sending a manuscript off to a couple different publishers and see if any take the story seriously. I promised myself I would not make public when a book contract is made. This is just to keep give people a warning not to steal my story. Similar ideas is sort of a given and I am not going to get my pants in twist only because some one has a similar character or element. However, if its word from word or the character is a complete copy then I would be thinking about ways to recover the IP. Essentially I have several strategies in protecting the story in place. I just need to know if this website can provide a reasonably secure place for critique. That way in combination with my current strategies if anything does happen I can recover the IP. I suppose I may have seen too many horror stories when it comes to stolen ideas. My mother wanted me to watch the movie about FB and lets just say I told her no because I already have enough causing me concern. Thanks for your time peoples.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Aspiring writer looking for a secure place for critique · 10-21-20 8:42am
by Little Lily
Re: Aspiring writer looking for a secure place for critique · 10-23-20 10:56am
by Emily
Re: Aspiring writer looking for a secure place for critique · 10-24-20 10:10pm
by 🐦GeminiGem🌷
Re: Aspiring writer looking for a secure place for critique · 10-27-20 5:31am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3379378