*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3459183
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #101136
Bugs are evil nasty critters that get into the site and break it; Help us exterminate!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:29am
Re: Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications
I get emailed reply notifications to messages on a thread, but only sometimes. In the 1st example I posted, Battiwyn posted a message in the same thread 3 times after I did. I assume I should have gotten 3 email notifications with links to the posted replies. I only got 1 email notification, for the last message she posted on that thread.

Norma Jean also posted a message on the same thread after Battiwyn (and I), but I didn't get any notification email of her post. Why would I get a notification email with a link to Battiwyn's message, but not Norma Jean's? It wouldn't be my settings because I got a notification email linking to her message on another thread in the same forum. I should be getting notification emails about all the messages after mine (unless I uncheck that box about getting email replies, which I never do). But I only get the notification emails with links to replies to messages sometimes, not every time.

To clarify, I posted "Re: Re: blee "  
Battiwyn posted "Re: blee "   nearly 2 hrs later, but I didn't get an email notification.
She posted "Re: Re: blee "   and again I got no email notification.
Then she posted "Re: Re: Re: blee "   and I DID get an email notification.
But then Norma Jean posted "Re: Re: Re: blee "   nearly an hour later and I didn't get a notification again.

No, neither of them is in my list of blocked people.

Also interesting, but not really important to me, Battiwyn's post numbers were ...151, ...152, and ...153, but the times were 8:55, 8:50, and 8:53? Whatever. I just care about not getting the email notifications with the links so I don't miss out on the fun! *Bigsmile*

Wait, looking at the number of "Re:'s" is it that I don't get notified if they don't specifically hit Reply on MY comment? That might be the problem. I wonder if that's ALWAYS the problem because I've been suspicious of this for a while. I wonder if they just comment below if I ALWAYS get notified... *Think* So complicated!
MESSAGE THREAD
Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-23-21 11:39pm
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister
Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-23-21 11:47pm
by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-23-21 11:51pm
Re: Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-24-21 12:04am
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-24-21 12:06am
by Robert Waltz
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-24-21 12:29am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notifications · 10-24-21 1:04am
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Don't Always get Forum Post Notificat... · 10-24-21 1:13am

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3459183