*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482475
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Contest · #2020439
A Terrifying Contest Of Horror And Three Time Quill Award Winner!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 18, 2022 at 9:22am
Edited: February 18, 2022 at 9:24am
Fresh™ Prompts, Judge Later
A cold wind howls outside, rattling icy limbs against your window pane.

Tap, tap, tap.

You dare not look upon that frosted pane, burying a chilly nose deep into the warm safety of a downy pillow. It's just a tree, you whisper. Rationality struggles with uncertain thoughts, fears taunting unknown possibilities, doubts begin to creep further up your spine, burrowing into your defenses, compelling you with a terrible need, a desire to know, to understand what beckons this reluctant glance.

A shrill cry keens in the night. The freezing gales mourn the lonely wastelands. Huddled beneath fuzzy blankets, you listen to unseen mouths moaning a dirge to lives lost within the unforgiving chill.

Tap, tap, tap.

What horrors knock upon the windows of your psyches, dear Screamers? Tell me what words the winds shrieks as it whistles by your bedside. Just don't go looking too deeply at the shadows in your closet...

You have until sundown to enter those stories! I'm typing this post within the safety of my casket, so there's no need to fret about silly things like sunlight.

For now, here's some prompts to get a (tiny) head start on your competition!

Inmates break out of an supermax prison within a strange _____ (island, planet, virtual reality game, etc.)

A house which turns into a giant warehouse every full moon, filled with _____ (cursed objects, monsters, telemarkets, etc.)

A reverse murder mystery where a ____ (ghost, vampire, demon etc) detective is hunting a rogue necromancer in order to put the dead back to rest.

Hope that sparks some ideas! See you when I wake...
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Fresh™ Prompts, Judge Later · 02-18-22 9:22am
by Ray Scrivener
Re: Fresh™ Prompts, Judge Later · 02-18-22 1:51pm
by Zehzeh
Re: Re: Fresh™ Prompts, Judge Later · 02-18-22 2:18pm
by S. Serpent
Re: Re: Re: Fresh™ Prompts, Judge Later · 02-18-22 5:35pm
by Ray Scrivener

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lilith of House Martell.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3482475