*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/348934
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #370349
A place where writers can share, swap and support ideas. For action/adventure and sci-fi
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 10, 2002 at 3:50pm
Distant Thunder now Published
by A Non-Existent User
Action and emotion packed from beginning to end. Destined for the bestseller list!
Editor - Justin Campbell - Innisfail Province Newspaper

** Image ID #419311 Unavailable **

DISTANT THUNDER
By
Sharon Hanson

Buy your copy today!
** Image ID #419309 Unavailable **
http://www.ebookad.com/eb.php3?ebookid=14097

BRIANNA O’DONNELL is trying to rebuild her life after losing her husband to suicide and her stepson to his birth mother. In a desperate struggle to keep her ranch that the bank is threatening to take away, she realizes she is in enormous trouble. She understands the only thing that will save her is a major miracle.

IAN CONNER a widower and roving ranch hand arrives on Brianna’s ranch looking for a job. He refuses to accept Brianna’s no for an answer. He knows her cattle are sick and a possible lethal epidemic is spreading through the herd that could kill all her cattle in a matter of days. In a battle of wills, Brianna finally relents and allows him to help her tend her sick herd.

While Brianna is at the bank trying to solve her dilemma with the loan officer, Ian discovers Brianna’s oldest daughter, DAWN, is a child in great emotional pain. After hearing her tell him about how she feels, he decides not to become involved with this grieving family. Ian decides he will be leaving in three days. Only Brianna has just offered his services for two years free room and board in exchange for the chance to save her ranch. Now all she has to do is convince him to stay.

REVIEWS:

Review By: Denise M. Clark (AUTHOR)
October 9, 2001
Denise Clark's debut historical action/romance, "Cross the Line", was released this past May. Her second, "A Man's War", is set for release this coming winter or spring of 2002.

"Distant Thunder is a story about two people struggling with grief. Brianna has endured more than her share of hardships, both physically and mentally, and feels vulnerable to Ian’s confident, take-charge ranching skills. The setting moves from the cow pens of a sprawling ranch to the courtroom, all the while keeping the reader curious about the reason behind Brianna’s husband’s death, but at the same time building upon the growing attraction between Brianna, Ian, and their unvoiced fears of taking a chance on love again..."

Other Reviews:

"Well, done. A solid beginning. I don't pretend to know the first thing about working with cattle, but after reading this I feel like I could do it… The character development here is smooth and seamless."
Barry Jive

"Another good one. This made me tear up at several points. Not many books do that to me these days. I was so caught up in the story from the first page that I could not put it down until I was finished."
Cathleen Appleby

About the Author
** Image ID #361560 Unavailable **
Masters Degree in English and Arts, UBC, British Columbia.

Co-Founder and Current Chairwoman of Romance Historical and Contemporary Romance Division of Writers of Canada.

Founder of Tips and Critiques: This forum has been in existence for three years, and going strong. Articles, critiques, group chats, writing forum, lessons, and more.

Member of: Romance Writers of America, Road to Romance, Literary Writers Guild, SFI Writers Association.

Graduate of Royal College of Journalism 1979
Foreign Correspondent Broadcast Media Journalism with CNN and BBC from 1982-1999

Articles Published in the following newspapers and magazines: Readers Digest, Country Woman, McLean’s, Chatelaine, Vogue, Vancouver Sun/Province, Calgary Herald, Innisfail Province, Edmonton Sun, Kawanis News, Toronto Star, Morning Herald, and many more.

Books Published:
Rose Bank Cottage - Historical Romance based on the real lives of Capt. William Ross and his wife, Mary, their six children, who settled the community known today as New Ross, Nova Scotia.

Distant Thunder: Contemporary Romance. Brianna is facing the worst time in her life. Her farm is about to be taken by the bank; her cattle are dying of a mysterious disease. Her family is grieving the loss of a husband and son. Ian Conner, roving ranch hand bites off more than he can chew when he offers to help Brianna save her ranch, and finds once in a lifetime love.

Currently being written:
Harmony Bay and Widow's Walk.

Published Poems:
Ebony Black
Peas and Honey
Love sometimes hurts

Sharon Hanson
** Image ID #350594 Unavailable **
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#350341 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#352094 by Not Available.
new!
 Invalid Item 
#350341 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#344285 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#301040 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#181006 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#197943 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#346519 by Not Available.

** Image ID #348858 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Distant Thunder now Published · 05-10-02 3:50pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Wilson S. Jefferies.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/348934