*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3497728
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Contest · #2020439
A Terrifying Contest Of Horror And Three Time Quill Award Winner!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 6, 2022 at 2:12pm
Writers Unearth Hidden Gems - Winner and New Prompts
After the bitter winter passes by, the howling memories of lean weeks and biting temperatures fades away. A bountiful spring now blossoms. Behold the budding black dahlias decorating the entrance to our ominous archives, glimpse undead birds roosting in our eaves, gaze upon moths which open their fuzzy wings to reveal a grinning deaths-head winking back at you.

It is fitting that we celebrate this changing of the seasons with a decadent meal. How sumptuous were those offerings, delighting these taste buds with rich spices and exotic ideas, haunting demises, twist endings, playful executions. You've outdone yourselves, dear Screamers.

I had little inclination of what disturbing skeletons lay buried in those closets. But now that you've brought them out to play...

Which killer story was the victor is quite hard to say, each were so varied in tone and content I confess it was a devilishly difficult task to pick a favorite. Every tale is just so delightfully twisted. I considered handing out a five way tie for longer than I'd like to admit!

But after a few cups of coffee and some multiple readings... the tastiest mustiest writer this week is:
STATIC
Small Print  (13+)
Don't sign your life away...
#1832079 by Bilal Latif

Congratulations on a hard earned win! Everyone fought tooth and nail, a feat which will not go unrecognized. I will be revisiting those stories very soon..

But now it is time for the new prompts! Spin the wheel, darlin'.

THE CURSED WHEEL HAS SPOKEN:

VAMPIRE HITMAN

GARGOYLE SUPPORT GROUP

SPACE WEREWOLVES

GHOST HUNTING AGENCY

No word limits, one week! Do not disappoint me, or I will wake up the somnambulating S. Serpent from his restless dreaming...
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Writers Unearth Hidden Gems - Winner and New Prompts · 05-06-22 2:12pm
by Ray Scrivener

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lilli 🧿 ☕.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3497728