*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3518263
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #507000
Have a tribute you'd like to share about Writing.Com or our birthday? Post here!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:18pm
Tribute
by Sumojo

A few.years ago, 2018 in fact, I stumbled across WdC. That day literally changed my life for the better. I took the plunge and joined but at age 74 and hardly literate in computer usage I found the site utterly confusing. What were all those codes and brackets etc. about? I had no idea. But a wonderful member, Rachel, of the Rockin’ Reviewers or The Paper Doll Gang, I think they’re one and the same, reached out to me and taught me everything I needed to know to to be able to navigate my way through the maze.
After my ‘training’ I had the confidence to enter contests and have done reasonably well since then. I continue to learn my craft, helped in no small part by another member who is no longer here. No he’s not dead! He’s resting. Blimprider had endless patience with me as I failed him many times by not separating my paragraphs or indenting when necessary. Comma usage still fails me at times, let’s be honest most of the time.
However, I soon began to realise I was addicted to WdC and probably still am. I have ‘met’ people from all over the world, had lots of lovely emails and feel as if I know much more about different country’s cultures than I did before.
Another benefit from logging in each day is the stimulation I receive for my ageing brain. My aim is to avoid dementia at all costs and WdC you are doing your bit in that regard.
For twenty two years you have kept this site going. From what I gather the Story Mistress and Master are a couple with a family to raise. In the on line world, with all the other options for writers to join, you must be doing something the others aren’t.
I believe it’s the sense of family and inclusion which keeps us all here, year after year.

There are hard core of members who put in more than their fair share of hard work to keep the site interesting and relevant. I thank and appreciate them all.
So I’ll keep on turning up each day, checking out the Community Newsfeed, entering the odd contest and challenge and try my best to keep by brain cells firing.
Thank you WdC and I wish you a “Very Happy Birthday. “

Frog in a Hanging Basket
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Tribute · 09-05-22 11:18pm
by Sumojo

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3518263