*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3541755
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #710633
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 11, 2023 at 1:10am
Querying 'entering' associated with book entries
Hi everyone

I suspect this is a dumb post, but I've never actually noticed it until a query about a quills nomination made me go 'huh?'

In a book, it lists all the entries and below the title is the ID, date entered, [edit] and views.

I honestly have only just noticed that it says 'entered' but it actually carries the latest date you edited the item. In example, "Rose Hall - Chapter One says it was entered on 9 January 2023. However, it was actually created in October 2022 for a contest running in October, which it won. I edited it on Monday 9th to put in a link to the second chapter.

Now it looks like I created it in 2023 which makes it seem ineligible for a 2022 Quill nomination.

Is there a way to have the date within that front page of the book itself show the date it was created? You can see the edit date when you open the item (though I guess one's just a copy of the other). I like to look back when I made things (there's a short story (#17) which I clearly created at the end of 2016 since it's around others created then but it looks like I did it in 2020.) but also know (and let people know) when it was last edited.

Sorry - wasn't sure if this was a technical question or not so posted it here instead of the other forum

Thanks, as always.

Os

Proud member of "The Rockin' Reviewers

FORUM
A Romance Contest  (13+)
A short story contest for the Seasons of Romance: closed for a few months
#1892844 by Osirantinous

FORUM
The LGBT Writing Contest - now judging  (18+)
Short story contest (with great prizes) for LGBT characters.
#1980539 by Osirantinous
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Querying 'entering' associated with book entries · 01-11-23 1:10am
by Osirantinous
Re: Querying 'entering' associated with book entries · 01-11-23 1:11pm
by ruwth
Re: Querying 'entering' associated with book entries · 01-16-23 12:32pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Querying 'entering' associated with book entries · 01-16-23 1:10pm
by ruwth
Re: Re: Querying 'entering' associated with book entries · 01-17-23 12:45am
by Osirantinous

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3541755