*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3561249
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(672)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 9, 2023 at 2:37am
Hello!! New here :)
by Past Member 'kriselda'
Hi!

I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself :) I'm middle-aged, married, disabled, and Mom to a couple of dogs. Yeah, I'm one of those annoying people who think of their pets as actual kids. I have a strong interest in the Viking Age, though my first story is set in a contemporary alternate US. I read a lot, in particular, Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and books on Politics and Scandals (and especially political scandals :D) When it comes to watching stuff, I tend to go for Skilled Competition shows (i.e. cooking, fashion design, pottery, glassblowing, forging, chain-saw carving, make-up application and so forth), News, Documentaries, and Marvel movies. Musically, I LOVE Rush and really like Pink Floyd. I'm kind of stuck in the 70s and 80s arena rock genre, and also enjoy music made for movie trailers, and Scandinavian neo-Folk music, like Wardruna.

I've just started trying to write my first book, a Paranormal/Urban Fantasy tale set in an alternative US where supernatural creatures live openly amongst humans, though not everyone likes the idea. The main characters are a set of twins who have been through a significant ordeal and now find themselves on opposite paths trying to come to grips with the changes in their lives.

I look forward to meeting people here and hope to have a lot of fun!

~~Image #2155020 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello!! New here :) · 05-09-23 2:37am
by Past Member 'kriselda'
Re: Hello!! New here :) · 05-09-23 7:45am
by Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation
Re: Hello!! New here :) · 05-09-23 10:44am
by PiriPica
Re: Hello!! New here :) · 05-15-23 12:44am
by Past Member 'rupali'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3561249