*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564398
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 30, 2023 at 7:23pm
Autocorrect
I do not tolerate changes being made to my writing unless I personally consciously vet and agree.

After some experimentation, it appears that writing.com is the prime suspect. I've turned it off in Chromebook and neither Facebook nor Docs is doing the behavior (in my limited tests, unless the AI has just learned that I don't like those changes.)

Is this a known issue and if so, is this something I can turn off? I'd hate to have to cut and paste every time I want to do anything in writing.com. But having random pixes capitalized because I often talk about my rather-remain-nameless ex as The Pixie is an untenable situation, especially as my eyesight grows worse.

I do understand that it's valuable tech that is useful to a large number of people but I feel it rots my brain and it's mistakes make me look the idiot, So many words in my vocabulary are rejected by autocorrect, especially the ones that are milieu specific.

In sum, I am all for the red underlines (especially if I can turn each one off) as they give me feedback. Autocorrect makes me think that I did the right thing the first time IF it even works properly, and often it doesn't.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Autocorrect · 05-30-23 7:23pm
by Joto-Kai
Re: Autocorrect · 05-30-23 8:02pm
by ruwth
Re: Re: Autocorrect · 05-30-23 9:38pm
by Robert Waltz
Re: Autocorrect · 05-30-23 10:34pm
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564398