*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3567523
Rated: GC · Message Forum · Contest · #2020439
A Terrifying Contest Of Horror And Three Time Quill Award Winner!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:57pm
Winner Announced! New Prompts to Chew on!
It seems my condition is worse than expected... To combat the effects I was prescribed a daily diet of Japanese beetle larvae and toad slime. Now, you might be thinking that sounds pretty vile. You would be mistaken. That particular combination isn't QUITE that awful, especially if you put some sriracha on it. About half a bottle makes it tolerable.

Have I ever told you about the time I visited S. Serpent and he tried to force feed me a live rat? Thankfully his cat Trista intervened and tried to gobble it herself. But she was also unsuccessful and the rodent proceeded to make itself a cozy little home inside my shoe. True story!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You folks are tuning in to see what strings the Fates have cut, which stories ended up on the chopping block, and which of my seven nostrils are going to be mined for boogers. Erm - ignore that last part.

Today, THREE STORIES are here. Each sated my ravenous desire for carnage, packed with plenty of juicy details and fiber. This was a very difficult choice for your poor judge. Out of the choices, one eked out a bloody hair past the rest.

And that winner is....

"Morgue! A fun little romp with a interesting twist. Well done, Beholden !

As a thank you for your patience, I have submitted merit badges to all contestants. Soon I will be commissioning a very special SCREAMS! edition one so be on the lookout for that in future contests. Also, your voices have been heard and I will be creating a SCREAMS HALL OF FAME. As well as other tweaks and adjustments...

I don't have the time right now to create some very unusual picture/music prompts, but I can think of some interesting things for you to puzzle over!

THIS WEEK IS FLASH FICTION!

WRITE A STORY IN 500 WORDS OR LESS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF:

A BLIND MAN/WOMAN

AN EIGHT YEAR OLD

AN ANIMAL

The clock is ticking! See y'all in the graveyard next week...

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Winner Announced! New Prompts to Chew on! · 06-16-23 12:57pm
by Ray Scrivener
Re: Winner Announced! New Prompts to Chew on! · 06-16-23 1:05pm
by Beholden
Re: Winner Announced! New Prompts to Chew on! · 06-17-23 12:28am
by JubeCube ~ official homeowner!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Lilli 🧿 ☕.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3567523