*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3616058
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:26am
Change to "You've given 1 badge..."
I'd like to suggest that instead of the MB confirmation page saying "1 badge given to this member within the past 7 days," that it say, "You've given 1 badge to this member within the past 7 days."

I suggest this in case either newbies or members not so familiar with sending MBs misunderstand and think that no one can send a MB to a member except every 7 days as that's what it sounds like instead of them not being able to send one to the same person within 7 days.

They may think that if a person gets married, for example, and gets a MB from someone else, that they also can't send a MB to them because the recipient has already received a MB from someone within the last 7 days. Obviously, if they try to send one, they won't get that note (if they've not sent one to that person recently, of course), but if they've seen the notice before, they might get it in their head that it means no one can send a MB to that person except for every 7 days. Not everyone here has the same powers of deduction...or whatever skill it takes to reason out what things mean. *Bigsmile*

BTW, I LOVE that you now tell us when the next MB can be sent!!! *InLove* THANK YOU!!!!

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Change to "You've given 1 badge..." · 01-26-24 6:26am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3616058