*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3619217
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(670)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 6, 2024 at 7:22am
Returning to writing
by MrL
So.. where does one begin? I guess the beginning is a good place, though the beginning is usually somewhere in the middle in my experience.

I started writing young. Loved writing, loved reading, loved learning. But, of course, things happen. Never lost my love of learning, but there came a time when it was necessary to learn other things, things that were no longer all that fun. Things like adulting. Adulting takes a lot of time, and unfortunately that time has to be made. In order to make time, sacrifices are also made.
But that's an excuse. Writing doesn't necessarily need to take a lot of time out of a day. What does take a lot of time is thinking. And I found that I simply didn't have time. Not exactly time to not think, but instead I found myself compelled to think of other things, real things, rather than the imaginary things I so loved thinking about.
In a stroke of incredible luck, I once more found myself with time to think. Not about what tomorrow is going to bring, but rather what tomorrow might bring. So I came back to writing, to creating worlds within worlds within my mind.
I'm not expecting great things. I'm not expecting to relive my glory days of youth. I just want to know if I can recapture a little bit of that wonder and joy I found in looking at a blank page and putting words onto it in a semi-coherent manner. So far so good.

So, I guess as an introduction this is it. I am who and what I am. My work is what is it. I'm not writing for an audience. I'm writing for me. Of course, if others find themselves wanting to read it... well, I'm not going to complain about that. I am glad a place such as this exists, and hopefully I will find more time to engage here.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Returning to writing · 02-06-24 7:22am
by MrL
Re: Returning to writing · 02-06-24 8:33am
by JACE
Re: Returning to writing · 02-07-24 12:20am
by Princess Megan Rose 22 Years
Re: Returning to writing · 02-17-24 6:43pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
Re: Returning to writing · 02-22-24 6:02am
by Past Member 'rupali'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3619217