*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621133
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(108)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 11, 2024 at 4:48pm
Updates: Progress, Clarity, Room for Improvement. 2024.02.09
by Tobber
Another strange week, another week where I was late with the updates (again, partially on purpose).

It was my first week on paternity leave, which should, in theory, mean more time to write. Theory and practice have a way of contradicting one another, though, so I did not know what to expect. Also, I was still working during the first half the week, so it was not like I had eons of free time. On top of that there were social gatherings during the weekend and our eldest who had a sick day during the week as well, so yeah, bit of an unpredicable week.

I'm pretty happy with the overall results. I did not get as much writing done as I had hoped but probably more than that I had expected. Also, listing all the different writing projects I ideally needed to get done before the end of the month really helped me prioritize and work on stories in the right order. Also, it made it clear which stories I will probably have to give up on getting done within the deadline.

Not bad for such a strange week, but I am still hoping that next week will be even better.

The summary:

*BoxCheck* Finish Danish Horror Story First Draft: This was the story I was working on when I set my goals. It did not have a deadline and was, as such, not a priority. However, since I was so far along with the first draft, I did not feel like I could put it down and realistically get back into it and finish it later. So, finishing this one was kind of important, and I did that.

*Box* / *BoxCheck* Edit Danish SF Story: I am not done editing the story, but I have added one scene, identified where another brief scene needs to be added as well as figured out what the main weak points of the story are, which also needs another round of editing before polishing. I think I will at least get the scene additions done next week, so I am pretty happy with what I achieved with this story during the week.

*BoxCheck* Braintorm and Outline for The Lodestar Contest: I did manage to brainstorm and create a rough outline for a story. Only problem is, I am not particularly happy with the story idea I ended up with. I really want to enter The Lodestar, but realistically, if I do not come up with something better, I do not think I will bother with the idea I have now.

*Box* Brainstorm and Outline Danish Story About The Culture Consuming Human: Yeah, I drew a blank on this one. I have absolutely no idea, and the deadline is just a few weeks away (including my week of winter vacation with family and friends, which means a week of no writing), so this is the one I know I will not bother with anymore.

*Box* Write a Story for Stupefying Stories: I did not work on this one, but once I am done with the current revision of my Danish SF story, I think this is the one I will go for.

*Box* Brainstorm/Write Flash Fiction Idea: I have been mulling this over but have nothing concrete to write down. The story idea has solidified in my brain, and I really to want to write the story, but I do not have the main plot down yet, so I will not rush it.

*Box* Read and Review for WYRM: I am really, really hoping that I will get to this next week (which I have been saying for a while now).

*Box* / *BoxCheck* Be Actice on the Codex Forum: I did peruse the Codex forum, did look for interesting conversations, but I did not find any. Admittedly, I did not look very hard. I am not sure whether to count this as a completed goal or not.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Updates: Progress, Clarity, Room for Improvement. 2024.02.09 · 02-11-24 4:48pm
by Tobber

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3621133