*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3622551
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 15, 2024 at 10:36pm
Re: Re: Re: lust to publish
Hello there.

It is both difficult and possible to have the type of group you are indicating in this discussion. The critique group is plausible using WDC. In fact, we've had them before.

The group item allows for membership, communication to the group (emails), forum options and the ability to limit the viewing of a document to only group members. So, it is possible to use sections of the site for this purpose.

Struggle comes in a few different forms. People struggle with consistent commitment both online and in person with groups. That problem will be found in any critique group. Some will be better about commitment than others. While there are many writers available on the site, it can also be hard to find people on the same page. Have to find people comfortable reading the genre/heat level/age range. They have to understand what stage a story is in and what is going to be most helpful for a writer. For instance: a first draft is better suited for big picture topics like character development and not commas or minor technical errors that won't be there after the rewrites.

It used to be a little easier when the site had a chat function. We could meet even with the time zone differences in different rooms and discuss the chapters for the week. However, the chat had some downfalls as well. I know from experience on all of that. Even before I was a moderator for the site, I was in a critique group on here. Some of the group have published items, others of us have not yet. I still keep in touch with some on Facebook and some are still members on here. However, the critique group didn't last as we branched out in different parts of our lives.

Long story short... it can be done here. But there are challenges to any group to make it efficient.

blue case sig created for me by Kiyasama
MESSAGE THREAD
lust to publish · 02-01-24 11:32pm
by Past Member 'mhemmings'
Re: lust to publish · 02-02-24 12:25am
by s
Re: Re: lust to publish · 02-02-24 7:52am
by Zen
Re: Re: Re: lust to publish · 02-15-24 9:56pm
Re: Re: lust to publish · 02-15-24 9:58pm
*Star* Re: Re: Re: lust to publish · 02-15-24 10:36pm
by Dawn Embers
Re: Re: Re: Re: lust to publish · 02-23-24 9:26pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3622551