*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3626487
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 29, 2024 at 7:35am
Improvements to Group Calendar
So, I also just discovered that groups have a calendar. *Facepalm* It's like I'm a newbie! *Laugh*

Anyway, I added an event, but I would love for it to have more automated functions. *Angelic* Some of these automated functions include:

1. An automatic email reminder to group members (or at a minimum to the group leader to send out emails to the group members) regarding upcoming and current calendar notifications. I'm thinking that group members can set up their notifications (yeah, like on our phone, but don't think about how our phone should be used instead lol). These could be Notifications, but I was thinking more like an email notification. The group leader would set up a generic email and the system would include the calendar event or maybe the system just sends a reminder about the calendar event without an email from the leader, to make the coding easier and make it make more sense in case the leader gears the generic email towards one type of notification, then they later start adding in other notifications that don't make sense with the original email. Naturally, leaders and members can turn on and off the notifications (leaders can for everyone and the members can for themselves).

The members can also set up a pre-notification for future events, say up to 7 days away? That way they can get the system to tell them about an upcoming event to ensure they're set to participate or they've completed their tasks. *Smile*

Leaders can set calendar events to be scheduled regularly for maybe 6 or 12 months ahead. For example, Phyllis and Elycia and I have started a little group where we each have to write 1 article or chapter or edit 2 to help progress our writing careers/goals. Everyone who completes their goal gets a MB from the other group members. Everyone who doesn't, doesn't get a MB but still has to send a MB to those who did complete their goal. The situation is always the same. Each Sunday our goals are due and we set new goals, so the calendar event (and hopefully notification) is the same. I'd like the option to set notifications to regularly occur for a certain period. I get that maybe we shouldn't have these for an infinite period, so maybe 6 or 12 months? Then the leader gets a notice that their repeat event is running out in a month, in a week, and today, to ensure they have a chance to reset new notifications, should they want to. And they can be set up for repeat every so often. In my case, I'd want to choose every Sunday, so the options could maybe be Every, Every Other, First, Second, Third, and Fourth. Then, of course, the days of the week. Or you can cause it to recur on a specific date, with the last day of the month and the next to last day of the month being an option after the 28th, you know, taking into account month variances. lol

Easter signature

Check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Improvements to Group Calendar · 02-29-24 7:35am
by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3626487