*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3631189
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #101136
Bugs are evil nasty critters that get into the site and break it; Help us exterminate!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 14, 2024 at 11:24pm
Search within a Type Affects Favorites List
Here's another "not sure it's a bug" or just a weird way something works.

If I go to "Browse by Type" and select any type (Groups, Forums, Books, etc.) then do a secondary search by putting in a word next to the dropdown right above the initial search results (hopefully this makes sense), when I click the magnifier to search, I get the results, but it also changes what is displayed in the Right Column under "Favorites. This also happens when I click "Authors" in the left column. It probably happens with "Browse by Genre" as well, but I haven't verified that.

Example: Select Browse by Type and click Books. On the page displayed above the boxes with book names and pics is a line starting on the left that says:

4,334 Items [dropdown box] [input box] [magnifier to initiate search] . . .

If I type in the word "cookie" in that input box then have it search, it displays three books that contain that word but it also changes the Right Column. For me under "FAVORITES" it now says "No Favorites..."

Hope you can follow this.  And no, I have no idea why I don't have any favorites that contain a cookie. *FACEPALM* *COOKIE*

Thanks
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Search within a Type Affects Favorites List · 03-14-24 11:24pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️
Re: Search within a Type Affects Favorites List · 03-14-24 11:48pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Search within a Type Affects Favorites List · 03-15-24 2:14am
by Wordsmitty ✍️

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3631189