*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3635788
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:54am
Re: looking for a bit of help with research
For the heroine's home, how close does it need to be to New Orleans? I ask because the description you provided actually sounds a fair amount like Avery Island. When I was out there a few years ago, that part of Louisiana was still pretty open but still has easy water access. While Avery Island itself is where Tabasco is made, spots around there could be useful for a setting that meets your criteria.

I'm also curious if this story is set in present day or is historical. I feel like in some part of New Orleans plant life has not really recovered from Hurricane Katrina, so plant scents could differ a lot before and after 2005. Also, if you go in the morning, Bourbon Street doesn't smell too bad (at least from what I remember the one time I actually wandered down any part of it).

With regard to sound, the one New Orleans sound that really stands out to me is the streetcar bell. I heard it a lot, especially when the drivers were trying to get joggers to move out of the tracks. Yeah, people jogging in the streetcar tracks is very common, especially around the Audubon/Tulane University areas.

A little texture for Elisa

*Gift3**Gift4* Merit Badge in Horror Scary
[Click For More Info]

*^*Skull*^*  Congratulations! YOU are a Grand Finale Winner ,for your Halloween Handle at  [Link To Item #567890]  Thank you for sharing your spirited Handle with the WDC Community! YOU rock! 
*^*Witch*^* *Gift4**Gift3*
MESSAGE THREAD
looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 11:37am
by crazycatnbooklady
Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 11:49am
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping
Re: Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 11:54am
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 5:19pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 6:43pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 8:19pm
*Star* Re: looking for a bit of help with research · 03-31-24 11:54am
by Elisa the Bunny Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3635788