*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/492005
Rated: E · Message Forum · Religious · #487434
Now a go-between forum for both UnOfficial Christian Newsletter subscriber groups
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2002 at 6:55pm
Sharing our stories
by Kenzie
A few years ago when my son was sick, I wasn't able to work for a year. Things could have been pretty rough for me, a divorced mom with a sick teen son. But God is good!

Late at night, as I'd sit with my checkbook open and the bills surrounding me, I'd pray for our specific needs. I soon learned to sit back and watch God at work. People who had owed me money for years suddenly felt convicted to pay.

God also reminded me how much I used to love writing as a teen and young adult. And I was able to make some money by writing about how our extraordinary God works in the lives of ordinary people.

I still write mostly true stories about God, in my life and in the lives of others around me. Being paid to write is nice, but sharing the story of God's love is the most important thing.

This week, my story "Life Is What You Make It appeared in the Heartwarmers Newsletter and "Your E-Mail Vitamin Newsletter." Today, I received requests to use the same story in a glossy magazine published in Venice, FL and in an employee newsletter called "Quality Champions." Although the story has only been read by about 30 people here, it will soon have been read by thousands.

Blessings,
Kenzie

Admirable Women  (ASR)
How will I be remembered? Something for us all to ponder.
#446257 by Kenzie

Whose Work Are You Stealing?  (E)
Anonymous is such a great writer. Must be. He/she writes some wonderful e-mail forwards.
#507260 by Kenzie

The Potter's Cup and Saucer  (ASR)
The delicate and perfectly formed saucer wondered what happened to her matching cup.
#491462 by Kenzie

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
Heart, In Love with Jesus
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sharing our stories · 10-24-02 6:55pm
by Kenzie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Stallion.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/492005