*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/520546
Rated: E · Message Forum · Other · #473624
A forum for Michigan residents to come and interact with people from their home state.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 27, 2002 at 10:57am
Mackinac Tours
I've FINALLY started redoing my Mackinac Island tour site. For those who didn't know (everybody :P ), I had a site set up at GeoCities devoted to this but they shut it down so often because of bandwidth that it's embarrassing. (How professional is it to go to a website only to see "This site has exceeded its bandwidth limit; come back in a few hours!"? How many people really come back?) So I located a website with more memory and supposedly unlimited bandwidth, so I PRAY to God that they won't cut back now that I've got everything uploaded there. 20/50mb taken up already. Yike.

Anyway, I just finished picking my color scheme and deciding the layout of the photo pages. It will be divided into four "tours," for the years of 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1999 and earlier. Each featuring pics from Mackinac Island.

I'd like to also put up my Cheboygan series of pictures, from various walks I've taken to Mullett Lake, the railroad tracks, Lake Huron mill ruins, as well as Little Traverse Bay in Petoskey, etc., but I'm not sure yet. The provider is being pretty slow today (GRRR they always start to act up AFTER I've signed up and settled in!), so I cross my fingers that my site will even work properly once it's up. Well, I guess you get what you don't pay for. I just hope they don't start restricting things.

Whenever I get the thing done I'll make sure to post a link so I can show off the beautiful island to you all. :) Tar...

My new sig, drawn by me!

["Manitou Island] ["The Book Of The Gods; Or, Tales Of Kemet] ["Skew 2001-2003]

** Image ID #422155 Unavailable **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Mackinac Tours · 11-27-02 10:57am
by Tehuti, Lord Of The Eight
Re: Mackinac Tours · 11-27-02 12:16pm
by Melissa is fashionably late!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Melissa is fashionably late!.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/520546