*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/628073
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 21, 2003 at 10:07pm
STAR TREK TRIVIA COMPETITION
by onaya3
Hi Guys,

I recently went to a Star Trek trivia night held in a comic bookstore in Sydney. I came second! It was a lot of fun and I came home with the Directors Edition Search for Spock on DVD for my prize. The trivia questions were based on Star Trek: The Next Generation so I knew what to brush up on (thank God!). I was up against some really hard-core trekkies, eg. I met a person with a tattoo of Data on their back! But the evening got me thinking, what's stopping us from doing something similar?

Since we all live in different countries and all congregating in one area might be a little difficult, what if once a month we held a big trivia competition on the Star Trek Forum where you can enter for substantial prizes, like 2000 gp's for 1st Prize, 1250 gp's for second and 750 gp's for third?

I can hold the first trivia competition, so I'll provide the prizes and come up with 30 questions. The trivia questions could be based on different areas of Star Trek, either Original, Next Gen etc etc or even based on your favourite aliens, like Klingons, Vulcans, etc. I can post the first trivia questions by 1st of May. Then the closing date when no more answers can be accepted will be the 10th.

So what do you all think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Family. You understand."

"Not really, I was cloned."

(Quark & Yelgrun - DS9)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
STAR TREK TRIVIA COMPETITION · 04-21-03 10:07pm
by onaya3
Re: STAR TREK TRIVIA COMPETITION · 04-25-03 8:08am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/628073