*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/636071
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Opinion · #595449
Write songs much?Feel free to discuss it here(plus R&R as always).
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 2, 2003 at 11:34pm
Swoopin' in
First off, thank you all who have reviewed my latest lyrics! I'm really surprised at the positivity of the reviews. And MontyP, I do want to change the title, but I'm not really certain as to what the new title should be. I will be getting to your lyrics in due time. Now that I'm testing, I'll actually have some time to get to it.

Anyway, I'd like to leave this thought for ya. I was reviewing "Invalid Item, and in the review, I began to discuss the structure and flow. It then occurred to me that it's difficult to discuss that because we aren't aware of genres (unless we're told), and partly due to that, we don't know what possible music would be accompanying the lyrics, provided there's instrumental music at all. I then went into a rant about genres that I'll save for another day, but my conclusion was lyrics can very very difficult to review structurally when we are only given words. This is what separates poetry and lyrics. With poetry, we can understand a structure's purpose and how it can be tweaked. With lyrics, structure is more than the words, so to comment on structure in lyrics is to address only half of the structure (leaving out the musical aspect altogether).

"If you don't stand up, you don't stand a chance."

~ED,creator of "The Dancer

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
** Image ID #614011 Unavailable **

** Image ID #616244 Unavailable **
Made for me by Moira

** Image ID #628329 Unavailable **

Lyrically Speaking  (18+)
Write songs much?Feel free to discuss it here(plus R&R as always).
#595449 by Elisa the Bunny Stik

For anything and everything lyrics!

Need help? "Invalid Item

Some talented authors:Tadeisi ,cutewriter,Strix ,auric

I encourage you to visit my sponsor John~Ashen , a talented poet.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Swoopin' in · 05-02-03 11:34pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/636071