*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/639338
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 8, 2003 at 10:17am
Deforest "Bones" Kelley
by Maryann
Sarahfitz mentioned that one of her favorite characters was Deforest Kelley in the role as Bones, so I thought I'd make a post about him.

One of the best lines in Star Trek came from Bones (Deforest Kelly), otherwise known as Dr. McCoy. That is of course, "I'm a doctor, not a ...". *Smile* That's almost as good as "beam me up Scotty"!

If the thought of fragrant magnolias comes to mind when you hear Deforest Kelly's voice, it's because he grew up in Atlanta,Georgia, and was the son of a minister.

He always wanted to be an actor, so he moved to California when he was 17 to live with his uncle.

He joined a theater group, and it wasn't long before he was hired by Paramount.

He had a lot of little roles before getting the Star Trek part. He worked in mostly westerns. Gunsmoke was one of them. He also had a role in "Gunfight at the OK Corral".

A few of the best Star Trek episodes that "McCoy" was in were:
"For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", "The Man Trap", and "Friday's Child".
Of course, it was fun to listen to him talk with his 'buddy', Spock, no matter what the episode.

It was fun to see McCoy show up as a 137 year old retired admiral on Picard's Enterprise in "Encounter at Farpoint".

This is a sig that I use often.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Fuzzygrams!"   by ♥Pay It Forward♥
"Imagination Alphabet"   by Maryann
"Movie Talk"   by Maryann
"Star Trek Message Forum"   by Maryann
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Deforest "Bones" Kelley · 05-08-03 10:17am
by Maryann
Re: Deforest "Bones" Kelley · 05-09-03 7:48am
by Sarahfitz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/639338