*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/823055
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 1, 2004 at 12:29am
New Prompts & WINNER ANNOUNCED
by A Non-Existent User
 (This message was edited by magdalena_b on 03-03-04 @ 5:43 am EST)

Congratulations to trigger who has won last fortnight's competition for the story "Invalid Item. I thought the characters development was terrific – the author managed to engage the readers with the characters' humour, and brought the reader more into the story. Then whamo! trigger dived straight in – I just could not stop reading. That’s the mark of a great story!

I have also awarded a consolation prize to partyof5dj for the story "Invalid Item which I really enjoyed - I got a good chuckle out of it *Laugh* ! There were some classic lines: “This thing was possessed.” Oh gosh! I could imagine the whole thing in my head as I was reading. And I couldn’t help but wonder what the pastor was thinking as Bob drove casually by.

Wow! What terrific entries everyone!

I am pleased to advise that the prize has DOUBLED and is now 10,000 GPs or an Awardicon for the winning entry each fortnight! Isn't that fantastic!

===============================================================
This fortnight's prompts:

1. “Do you think we ought to take the risk?” Kelly asked, her brow furrowed in anxiety.

2. “Somebody should take that jerk Peterson down a peg or two,” Herb stated forcefully.

3. “Of course I don’t believe in ghosts! They’re on par with sightings of Elvis Presley and little green….” He saw something flitting by from of the corner of his eye, “What the heck was that?” he spluttered in alarm.

This fortnight's competition closes on Sunday 14 March 12.00pm EST.

NB: I may be a little late with reviewing and awarding the prize.

HAVE FUN!

Regards

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My latest story:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#807688 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#639664 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Prompts & WINNER ANNOUNCED · 03-01-04 12:29am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/823055