*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839943
by Sprite
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Environment · #461532
Speak your mind about animal rights or environmental issues.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 30, 2004 at 5:10pm
Woot!
Its sad to see this forum lay dormant for too long, so I'll post and try and waken it up a little.

Oddly enough I cannot totally say what I was thinking earlier, sometimes I'm overly cynical. But I think that was before I took an Eviromental Biology course. Its interesting how many choices are out there and that actaully quite a few things are being researched.

Did you know that a electrical production system based on ocean currents is actually available, that in alot of third world nations, they use methane production systems for house energy.

Now it is a fact that humans have done pretty serious damage, but some are trying to change that.

Now very enviromental movement usually uses animals as their main cause, while I am for protection of animals, maybe we should use ourselves too. The fact that I ahve to worry about eating fish from the Great Lakes, disturbs me. Why do I have to concern myself with heavy metals...

Everyday I use plastics and in alot fo cases I donr ecycle bottle, even if not for money, and we burn our papers, which I think is the best method, the amount of Carbon Dioxide it releases into the air, means nothing, I know that when we throw the ashes to a dump, which I'm guessing we do, there is nothing to break down.

Now during my class we vistited a local hazardous waste dump, I was actually impressed the standards they operate under and amazingly strict. Water that is collected and cleaned fills a pond around their main building, crystal clear and had geese swimming in it, even that water is monitered.

I also live close to "Love Canal." Which due to an interest in weapons, toxins, poisons, and the like lead me to reserach into it, although its horrible tta it happened they have contained it pretty amazingly well, all thats left is a healthy field, although no one can love their because the cap may not be strong enough, its still something.

Every little bit helps, an interesting by-product of that is a government fund, "Superfund" A pretty impressive amount of money set aside yearly to fund cleaning up of polluted areas, and they are doing pretty impressive work, even if the overall effect can be pretty small.

Now some just interestign tech things, a group of robots that work like a pack of dogs is beng deisgned which using "pack" instincts could serach polluted areas for the best and worst areas, pretty cool to me.

I guess thats long enough, enjoy the post, sometimes the best way to show you care is to spread information.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

The wolf only dies in the tales told by humans -Jin Roh

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Check out these authors!
korzball62 covertcow
celticbard

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War" - Marc Antony
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Woot! · 03-30-04 5:10pm
by Child Of Tyranny

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Sprite.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/839943