*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/859135
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 3, 2004 at 7:11am
New Prompts & WINNER ANNOUNCED
by A Non-Existent User
 (This message was edited by magdalena_b on 05-04-04 @ 6:21 am EDT)

Wow - what a great diversity of stories there were this fortnight *Delight*.

I want to assure you that I choose stories based on merit alone - I actually copy and paste the text of each story to a Word document at home, and then slowly work my way through each one, attempting to do a thorough review that will enable the writer to both improve their story and hopefully their skills. I do not retain information about the author so that I will not allow my judgement to be biased in anyone's favour.

So, what am I looking for in a story? Quality in style, depth of characters, an intriguing story, and a surprise is always good *Delight*

Without any further ado:
This fortnight's winner is
Mother  (E)
“Mother. It’s all right. They are just trying to help. They want to make you better...
#844803 by Rasputin

Congratulations! What a wonderful story – I loved the relationships between the three characters, and especially the quietness of the couple’s love. Throughout the story Rasputin continued to delve into the relationships and the personalities of the individuals, and carried the reader along – the mark of a good story!

Thank you to all who entered!

================================================================

Here are the new prompts:

1. I have worked closely with animals for over forty years and their intelligence has never ceased to amaze me.

2. "Human DNA is like a computer program but far, far more advanced than any software ever created." [FYI: an actual comment from Bill Gates]

3. "While fettuccine is cooking, prepare sauce," I read in the recipe book as I furrow my brow in frustration.

May I encourage you to print these out or write them up, display them on your fridge or mirror, and get that imagination going!

The competition closes Sunday 16 May 2004 12.00pm EST

Regards

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My latest story:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#833417 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#639664 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
New Prompts & WINNER ANNOUNCED · 05-03-04 7:11am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/859135