*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/905469
Rated: E · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #641406
WC newsletter submission, a cheer or jeer, or just want to join the group? Find it here!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 29, 2004 at 6:02am
Cheers!
by Cubby
Wow, you really hit the nail on the head, Holly! I agree with you 100%! Reviews should always be sent with a rating. Also, if an item is not perfect, helpful and encouraging comments are much appreciated. I know I shouldn't get upset, but if I get anything under a 5.0, I would love to hear what I could do to improve it. About a month ago, I received a 3.5 on a piece that had been rated rather well. I didn't mind the 3.5 so much, but the comment that with it was... "This is wonderful! I just loved it!" That's it. No helpful suggestions at all. Sometimes I will write back to my reviewers and ask them what I could do to improve the piece. The usual response is... "Nothing. It's perfect just the way it is!" Maybe most authors would be happy with that answer, but it's very frustrating to me as I want to improve my writing if it is not perfect. How can we get it across to reviewers? There are so many articles already written on reviewing.

One more comment that I tend to agree with is about the reviewers that are doing it as a contest to pad their statistics. While I do my fair share of reviewing, I work 40 hours a week and do have another life, lol! But I have committed myself to the Noticing Newbies Committee so I try to do at least 3 reviews a day, if possible. I have noticed some reviewers in the Public Review Forum are giving out advice on typos that aren't even incorrect at times. I cringe and wonder if I should send an email to that author and tell them. I haven't done it yet, but what I should probably do is send an email to the reviewer and let them know. Or perhaps I should do what I'm doing now and stay out of it. Another thing that I don't understand are reviewers there that hand out a 5.0 accompanied with 2 or 3 corrections. Um.... If it needs any work at all, to me it is not worthy of a 5.0.

Okay! I'm done, lol! Great article. *Bigsmile*

Love, Cubby ")

~~Image #611986 Sharing Restricted~~

** Image ID #737114 Unavailable **

June issue of The World Around Us.
http://www.theworldaroundus.net

** Image ID #801974 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #797287 Unavailable **

"So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray,
Go throw your TV set away,
And in its place you can install,
A lovely bookshelf on the wall."

-Roald Dahl "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

218143218143 ~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Cheers! · 07-29-04 6:02am
by Cubby
Re: Cheers! · 08-02-04 2:54pm
by esprit
Re: Re: Cheers! · 08-03-04 6:07am
by Cubby
Re: Re: Re: Cheers! · 08-03-04 10:43am
by esprit
Re: Cheers! · 08-03-04 3:56pm
by Red Writing Hood <3

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Red Writing Hood <3.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/905469