*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/941384
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #660949
Competition: Each fortnight new prompts for a short story + 10,000 GPs/Awardicon available
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 25, 2004 at 10:17pm
My Entry -- Waverville
by Jason
Based on a REALLY weird event that happened in my home town.

“Where is he? I told him to meet me here at 9:00 PM. It’s 10:30 and I haven’t seen him yet. Doesn’t he know the meaning of the word responsibility?”

Matt was once again talking out loud to himself. His partner, Donny, was always late getting to whatever meeting point they planned. Matt was an impatient little guy, probably in his late twenties or early thirties, and always seemed to act a little nervous.

Matt glanced down at his watch, "That idiot. It's friggin' 10:45." Matt wrapped his coat around him tighter to try and keep warm. "Here I am freezing my novelties off, and that moron hasn't even gotten here yet."

A few minutes later, a bright light came from behind Matt. He turned around to observe a car pull up next to the side of the road, out in the midst of nowhere, and watched Donny get out of the car.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I said 9:00!" Matt snapped, using his nervously shaking finger as a pointer.

Donny just stood and stared at Matt. It wasn't the stare that said I'm not in the mood or anything like that. This was more of a stare like What is going on in that guy's head? But that's the type of person Donny was - nobody really knew who exactly he was.

"Where were you, man?" Matt asked impatiently, hoping for a quick answer.

"I was doing something." Donny slowly and quietly said in his deep voice.

Sounding rediculous to Matt, he chuckled while staring right at Donny. "Good excuse. Come on, let's get this thing done."

Matt turned around, and popped open his car's trunk. He occasionally looked up and down the dark, empty road to see if anyone was coming. He doubted anyone would, since it really was a road in the middle of nowhere, but he was still nervous about that one car that would come out of nowhere.

Matt reached into the trunk, and struggled to pull out a large camping blanket. As simple of a blanket as it looked, it seemed rather heavy for Matt to lift around.

"Alright," Matt said through an out-of-breath voice. "Let's get this woman in your trunk. We gotta be back to the lodge by morning to get her husband's call."

At first, Donny just stared at Matt. He finally said, "Uh, why is she going in my car?"

"You gotta be kiddin' me," Matt snapped. "I called you when my car broke down, I know I told you that, idiot. I told you to get here at 9:00, I know I told you that. It's almost," Matt glanced at his watch. "Almost 11:00 that you got here, and you don't even know why you're here! What the hell is wrong you, you dumb mother-"

Donny just stared at Matt. Donny really never had a different expression other than the eerie-looking plain face of his - one with a pale face and dark bags under his eyes.

Matt grunted, "Nevermind for God's sake. Just help me get her in yer car so we can get back to the cabin."

Suddenly, a flash of light and a blasting sound created a force to knock Matt down on his back. The bagged woman fell to the ground, and Donny hovered over Matt. Matt lifted his hand infront of his face, after it rested in an area that felt painfully heavy, and noticed the great amount of blood.

Donny stared at Matt once again before he shot him in the head. Donny smiled, "And I know I told you that I would be late."

Donny picked up the woman in the blanket bag, and threw her into his back seat. But in the end, that really didn't matter that he put her in his car.

The quiet, dark fated Donny had completed his plan of suicide that night with his own gun.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Entry -- Waverville · 09-25-04 10:17pm
by Jason

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Rasputin.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/941384