*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/962607
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 2, 2004 at 4:06pm
Today
by Ilona
This morning someone was murdered again in Amsterdam.
Now this isn't a rare thing, but this time it was someone we all knew.. Well, not personally, but we all knew him.
His name was Theo van Gogh (I believe he was in a way related to Vincent van Gogh, but that's beside the point). Some people say he's the Michael Moore of Holland, he made some movies that caused quite a stir. He wrote columns, and had a few TV shows. He had a very strong opinion about certain things, and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.
Maybe he should have been..
Anyway, this morning he was killed when he was on his way home. He was shot, and then stabbed. They said on the news that there was a note on the knife, but they haven't made public what it said yet.
Tonight there was sort of a demonstration on the Dam Square, there were about 20 000 people there. Natascha and I went there too, since we were in the city already anyway.
It was really impressive!!
I don't really know what else to say about all this. I never liked the guy a lot, neither did I share his opinion on a lot of things, but this is just so wrong! It happens a lot here lately, if someone speaks his mind, has a strong opinion about something, they get killed. Just like that.
Maybe you've heard about Pim Fortuyn, who was also killed, 2 1/2 years ago I think. He was a politician, who also had a strong opinion about certain things, and was also killed for that reason.
Our country is really falling apart..
I felt good to be there today though..
Well, gotta go, gotta work. At least tonight there will be something on tv all night, there is a dutch channel that will report everything about the elections in the US, from 0.00 am till 6.00 am I believe, I'm really curious what the outcome will be..

Love you gals

"I want to be the one to dance in the sun"
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Today · 11-02-04 4:06pm
by Ilona
Re: Today · 11-02-04 4:29pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Today · 11-03-04 3:05pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Today · 11-04-04 3:20am
by Ilona
Re: Re: Re: Today · 11-06-04 2:47pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Today · 11-06-04 8:34pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Today · 11-06-04 8:54pm
by Alex Elizabeth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Today · 11-09-04 2:19pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/962607