*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Clock Strikes Midnight
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1603419-Shrunk-At-Midnight/cid/767439-The-Clock-Strikes-Midnight
by Neon
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1603419
It seemed an ordinary night, but when the clock strikes midnight you suddenly shrink.
Chapter #1

The Clock Strikes Midnight

    by: Neon
11:57 PM, the digital clock near you reads. Wow, had it already been that long? People had first started coming over at around seven, but it hardly felt like almost five hours had passed. But you hadn't been keeping track of time lately. The party was at your friend Sara's place, and her parents were cool with it, or so you'd heard. Some people had passed out on the couch, though you hadn't seen any sign of alchohol befoehand. Some of the more annoying people who had shown up already left once no one paid any attention to the, so it had worked out by the end. Still, the party wasn't winding down yet, and Sara had suggested that they could just stay the night if they were worried about driving back so late.

The house was pretty big, you had to say. From what you knew Sara and her family were pretty fortunate, and had money to spare. That's probably why everyone hung out there so often. The place was just shy of a mansion, by the look of it. You feel a slight wave a nausea, but dismiss it as an after effect of something you had been dared to eat off of the floor a few hours prior. It was disgusting, but you had money at risk if you didn't finish your dare. You were always getting sucked into gambling, despote how much you were trying to get over it. As far as bad habits go, gambling was the worst. Especially if you're not good at it, you think with a chuckle. But there were matters to attend to.

After about two more minutes, you try to search the room for a certain someone. It was your crush, a girl you'd known since you were a freshman. With no sign of the girl, you decide it's not all that important that you talk to her now and just wait. Eventually the girl would come by, unless she had decided not to spend the night. However, you had noticed that a lot of people were planning on leaving now, and to your dismay all the guys seemed to be leaving. Most of them were your friends too, and you return a wave from your Mark as he heads outside. Crap, now the girls were going to sit you down soon and have a "heart-to-heart talk" or something like that again. Rolling your eyes, you suddenly feel a sharp pain in your stomach.

Clutching your gut, you double over in pain. What the hell was going on, a heart attack or something? These wree your first thoughts. The world appeared to spin around you, your eyesight fuzzy and drifting in and out of focus. Dropping to your knees, you see that no one has even noticed your fall. But how was that possible, surely they had seen... wait, why did everything look so huge all of a sudden? Quickly you look down at yourself, and notice that this can only mean one thing: The world wasn't getting bigger, you were shrinking. It was impossible, that was for sure... yet it was happening. In seconds you have dwindled down to a mere half inch in height. You fall unconscious, sinking to your knees....

12:00 PM.

But to start, where are you now?

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Neon (UN: etcetera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1603419-Shrunk-At-Midnight/cid/767439-The-Clock-Strikes-Midnight