*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. How It Began
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2239272-My-Life-as-an-Alien/cid/2953307-How-It-Began
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by BeeJay
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2239272
Life isn't easy when you and your family are different species.
Chapter #1

How It Began

    by: BeeJay
I will never forget my 5th birthday party.

All my friends came to celebrate with me. The party had a puppy theme, and we all wore homemade dog costumes. We all had a great time. Even my big sister, Karen, who was three years older than I was. Even my little brother, Jeff, who was three years old, and deaf since he was born. The moms kept an eye on us, and Dad was inside, watching TV until it was time to start up the grill.

But what really made the day memorable was when the spaceship flew over the house.

I'm not kidding: There was a spaceship, and it flew right over my house. We all looked up at it. Dad came out, to see what was going on. Even Jeff looked. He couldn't hear it, but he told us later that he could feel the vibrations in the air.

When the spaceship went by, some of the moms went to see where it was going. Mom and Dad pulled us kids inside, though, and we all watched it on TV. As we watched, we knew that our world and our lives would never be the same again.

In my case, truer words were never spoken.

******************************

The ship landed on an empty field, where they were supposed to start building some big box store. The local news got there, with a reporter who kept asking us who was inside it, and what they wanted, as if we knew any more than he did.

Then, a hatch opened up, and they put what looked like a glass box right down next to the reporter. There was a flash, and, suddenly, somebody was inside the box, and he stepped outside.

It was our first look at a real live alien. He was the same size as a human, with the same basic shape, but the similarities ended there. His skin was gold, with spots of darker gold on his head, where humans have hair. His eyes were iridescent, with vertically slit pupils. He had six fingers on each hand.

He extended a hand to the reporter, who handed him the microphone he was using.

"We bring greetings to you," he said. "We are Metaturians. A disaster has compelled us to leave our homeworld and travel the starways. Yours is the first planet we have found which is capable of supporting life. With your permission, we will live here, by your side."

After that, what could we say?

******************************

This wasn't the only Metaturian ship to come to Earth. There was at least one on every inhabited continent. Our various transmissions helped them learn to speak the native tongues in the places where they'd settled.

Before long. Mom was entertaining Metaturian neighbors in the kitchen, and I had brand-new friends.

As I said, the arrival of the Metaturians changed our lives. Mine, most of all.

If they had gone in a different direction, or found life elsewhere, then I would have grown up an ordinary human girl named Rennie Weaver.

Instead, I became a Metaturian girl named Aayala.

This is my story.

You have the following choices:

1. Fateful Play

*Noteb*
2. Reader's choice

*Noteb*
3. Reader's choice

*Noteb*
4. Reader's choice

5. Cast of Characters

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BeeJay (UN: bartfargo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BeeJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2239272-My-Life-as-an-Alien/cid/2953307-How-It-Began