*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173331-A-Cry-for-Help
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1173331
Finally reaching out for help
I’m progressively drowning in a pool of confusion and misery, and I can’t seem to find a hand to keep me afloat. With each gasp, my regrets, my mistakes, my weaknesses, and the pain I have held onto for far too long are suffocating me. If only I could find the strength to make it to the edge, I might be able pull myself out. It was me, after all, who allowed myself to take this plunge. But I'm drained and my arms and legs feel powerless. The thought of surrendering enters my mind for a moment, but it is quickly overshadowed by the sudden need to cry out for help. Will anyone come to my rescue? With hope and resolve, I open my mouth to form the words that will attempt to save me.

"Hello, I have an appointment with Dr. Murphy at 2pm."

"Yes," the medical receptionist exclaims, "Have a seat and the Doctor should be with you shortly."
© Copyright 2006 Alexandra Christiana (aclandry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1173331-A-Cry-for-Help