*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221350-The-13th-Realm
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Icarus
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1221350
Please note "The Memoirs of Lord Icarus".
"Lord Icarus, the rightful ruler of the 13th Realm has passed from this life into the next." the royal magistrate announced. He stood on a small platform facing the coming sun.

He waited long enough for the news to sink into the public, which had gathered, some five hundred thousand listened to the news.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" he shouted even louder.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" the crowd answered back.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!" the crowd shouted again.

The royal magistrate turned and departed from the view of the public.

The curtains parted for the man, as he entered the royal chambers of Lord Icarus. There on the white, satin, sheets, lay his master.

Icarus was covered in a royal blue tunic, the salt and peppered beard was the only break in the color. His eyes were covered in silver coins. His sword, stained with the blood of his enemy lay on his chest. His arms lay at his sides.

A woman knelt at the side of his bead, weeping.

"My lady Kai Leigh. Please, the time has come to say goodbye to your husband." the royal magistrate leaned down to take the hand of the queen.

"Take your vile hands off me! You, none of you, ever appreciated him! He was a ruler to you! He was my husband! I will not leave his side until I DIE!" she screamed at him.

"My lady, the people expect to hear words from your mouth." the royal magistrate, quietly stated. "Please think of the people."

"You have already announced the death of their beloved ruler. That should be enough. I will stay here." the tears kept falling from her face, staining the floor, wetting the sheets. "I will stay here."

"Bring the daughter of his majesty. She will make the announcement." the royal magistrate clapped his hands, to the guards.

The guards, in armour, bowed and walked out of the chambers.

The tears of the queen was all that could be heard through the silent hallways.
© Copyright 2007 Icarus (icarus33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221350-The-13th-Realm