*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238508-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by AZ
Rated: · Essay · Other · #1238508
This text is my first story and written because of a man like lenny!
Do you know the song: a woman’s worth from Alicia Keys? The chorus reminds me of what I’ ve been praying for since I’ ve been sweet sixteen. /A real man, knows a real woman when he sees her/ And a real woman knows a real man ain't afraid to please her/ And a real woman knows a real man always comes first/ And a real man just can't deny a woman's worth.”/

I am a real woman, for God’s sake and where are the men? The world feels bitterly cold because beautiful girls prefer staying alone instead of being satisfied by somebody, who treats them the way inexperienced boys do. A real man is a rarely existing species. Their character traits are full of passion and desire, but different to boys, they suppress the lion in themselves in favour of their gentlemanlike behavior.

Real men are well educated and have a good behaviour. They would never insult a woman or a girl, no matter what happens. They are much too diciplined. Only in certain moments they explosively burst out in emotions because once in a while they have to. It is very important not to get boring in the eyes of a woman. True feelings make us distinctive and enable us in attracting and keeping people. The importance of expressing ourselves is indisputable.

Of course, the best stories are always those of our own best friends. Thus, you have to hear the story about Kelly and Lenny. In our early times at school I met Kelly nearly every day because we had the same way to school. Somewhere down the road I took the initiative. Suddenly I smiled to her, and because she smiled back I said “Hallo!”. After her response our first contact did not end. In the future our girl talks developed to real fun. We spent the morning together enjoying it. It helped concentrating not only on the boring school day that would follow.
One day she told me about a boy whose name was Leonard, but she added that the name sounded stupid. She would call him Lenny but he didn’ t like that a lot because he wanted to look older. “Incredible! Yesterday we argued about my age! Lenny wouldn’t believe me I wasn’ t younger, even though I am actually older than he is! There is 23 days difference between us, but I wasn’ t able to give him any evidence of it. It was annoying!”

“Oh Kelly don’t worry about that. Forget about him”. And Kelly did so until she found Lenny ten years later again in Germany. She saw him and suddenly strange things happened in her stomach and knees. She felt unable to move and breathe. That were the first symptoms of a never ending emotion and the first step into a painful love.

It seemed that Lenny had grown up to a good looking man in the time they were separated. He had short cut blond hair, blue eyes and a golden skin. To her disappointment he couldn’ t remember Kelly and for the beginning it was in a way comfortable for her. She had enough time to notice him with his black jeans and the pink t- shirt.

Kelly smilded because of his obvious courage and the extravagance to wear a pink top. She forgot it was carnival. The outfit impressed her a lot, but something was not so funny. His facial expression suited more a Leonard than the Lenny she knew before. He looked too cool. The look seemed dry and dark. She got an indescribable fear and suspected she would have problems understanding him. In september, when the sun spread golden lights on earth and Leonard’s golden skin shone more than ever, Kelly wrote him a letter.

Dear Leonard, it’s fortune to meet you again. For sure you will be suprised about this letter and you won’ t remember the author. I’ m Kelly from Suffolk. We went to King’s Fork High School and we talked on the bus sometimes. What do you think about a meeting? No risk no fun, I would say.
We could go to a beach restaurant. My number is 0345- 678910
Hopefully we will see each other tomorrow! Kelly

“It’s twenty minutes past eight. What did I expect? It was a stupid mistake to write something to a male person”, Kelly yelled into her mobile. “Oh no darling, you’ve done what you’ re heart told you. That’s ok! Only real men regard letters from women. When Leonard isn’ t coming without leaving a message he isn’ t worth you bursting into tears. I whish you a real man with a good sense of humor, who appreciates your great creativity and your shyness. Just wait! You will find a man who knows who is worth loving you!”

/Cause a real man, knows a real woman/
/And a real woman knows a real man!/



© Copyright 2007 AZ (trishjohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238508-