*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265729-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1265729
Story number two of my childhood experiences
As a young man I lived with my grand parents. My mother was sometimes there sometimes not. She was young when I was born, 16 I think, and unmarried at the time of my birth. She married my (supposed) father and lived with him only two weeks. She liked men and was unable to be happy with just one. She would have been classed as a whore but the fact that she never charged for it was the best reason she was not. Anyway the local cop wanted her favors and she always refused him. This was the main reason I was arrested for the incident at the bank.

I have always been a night owl. I guess I was born that way. I would wander the streets and alleys at night just cause I loved the feeling of peace and quiet. I was walking past the local bank one night when I heard a cat in obvious distress. The sound was coming from the coal shoot of the bank. I crawled inside to see if I could free the animal. I bumped into something which set off the burglar alarm. The next thing I knew I was surrounded by several of the town fathers. I was arrested and put in the jail and scarred out of my wits.

The next day I appeared before the town justice of the piece, my uncle, who chewed my tail for a good thirty minuets and finally dismissed the charges. I hear he later also chewed the local cop quite badly for acting like an idiot.

Since at that time I hung around with a couple of brothers who had a reputation of being rather creative in interpreting Wright and wrong we were soon referred to as the Irving gang, after the brothers in question. We had many adventures together and I guess they were the best friends I ever had as a child.
© Copyright 2007 Grizzzzz (grizzzzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265729-