*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571337-Heartbreak-Part-7-of-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tj16
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Teen · #1571337
His decision has come. Will he go through with his plan?
    Reaching the final rung on the ladder is a relief that I have needed since Angel broke up with me. It is like an awkward silence has finally been broken. The pain will stop with what is to come. I know it will.
    Slowly I crawl up onto the roof. Each step I take is slow and careful. I will not fall until I know Angel is watching. Maybe I'll even scream my love for her before I drop.
    The ultimate sacrifice for love is ahead of me. I look out over the crowd, hoping to find Angel. Instead I find Darryl looking straight at me. That was quick.
    He yells something up to me, but it is blocked out by the music. Several people turn to him, wondering what is wrong with him. Again he yells up at me. Still his voice is lost to the music. He jogs up closer to the house. Now several people are looking up at me.
    Still no Angel.
    The music dies down and starts up with a new song, but somebody pulls the plug on it.
    Darryl's words finally hit me. "What are you doing up there?"
    I ignore him by searching for the only person that matters to me. The one I love. She is still missing in action. Where can she be?
    Samantha, the host, comes forward. "Maybe he's going to dance." She sounds unsure.
    "I doubt that." A voice says from the crowd. "I think he is going to jump."
    The whole crowd bursts with this piece of information. "Get down from there." Some people say in unison.
    Darryl's voice overpowers everyone else. "You could seriously get hurt from up there."
    "He'll die if he falls." The voice soothes me. Angel. "Get down from there you idiot." Her voice is still calm.
    She doesn't care about me.
    I look towards the sound of her voice, hoping she is hurt by what I'm doing. She needs to know what she did to me. She must realize the Hell she put me through. The Hell I'm still living everyday like it will never stop because I fell in love with her. I fell for her and she destroyed me.
    A memory bursts out of me before I can stop it. Maybe her pain is stronger than mine. She never told me what caused her to cry that night
                                ****************************************************************
    Her lips grazed mine with sensitivity. "You're getting a lot better at this." Angel kissed me again, blocking any reply I may have had.
    I kept pace with her. Something wet fell on my cheek. I opened my eyes to find her in tears that I thought were caused by me. They weren't.
    "I'm sorry," she said.
    My finger touched her lips to quiet her from saying anything else.
    I held her close, keeping her calm as she cried. "Everything will be okay. I love you. I love you so much." My voice broke with my words. I blushed.
    Angel's tear soaked face looked up at me. "Do you really because I love you too?"
    "Of course I do. Why would I lie to you?"
    "Everyone else in my life has." She started to sob again.
      "I love you," I said
    She crumpled in my arms unable to withstand her sorrow.
                             
   
© Copyright 2009 tj16 (believe1313 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571337-Heartbreak-Part-7-of-10