*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625639-In-Her-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Romance/Love · #1625639
If you could go back and change one thing in your life would you?
As she read the words on the screen, a tsunami of emotions hit her with such force it almost knocked her from her chair.  "No, no, no!  Not him!  Please God no!  This is not how it was supposed to be!"  She could literally hear and feel her heart breaking into a million tiny pieces.

In the crazy tapestry of her life there had been one constant, the belief with all of her heart and soul that someday they would find each other again.  It had been a mantra that had whispered in her brain everyday for 32 years.  Doubting this was not an option.  Only her love for her children and her love for him kept her going through the rough patches.  Most, if not all, of her own doing.  Her Scotsman father had said it best, "Gil, you don't just scratch your arse, you tear it to pieces!"

What would she do now?  She had nothing to hold onto.  No hope of ever seeing him again.  How could she go on without that?
© Copyright 2009 Aurora Briton (nannysjb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1625639-In-Her-Life