*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672465-Read-It
Rated: E · Essay · Entertainment · #1672465
Persuasive essay about Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"
                             Read it!

                         By Jackie Palack          



Do you like to read?  If so, what is your favorite book?  Personally my favorite is “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.  Many might wonder out of all the classics ever written, why I choose this one.  Let me show you.



In many ways, Pride and Prejudice is a novel about modern life.  The Bennet family-the main characters in the book- consists of the parents and their five daughters.  Though today families are a lot smaller, they still have to deal with some of the same problems the Bennett family had too.  The daughters had problems with growing up, finding a suitable husband, and dealing with family and friends; while the parents worried about ensuring a good future for their daughters and keeping a good place in society.



Another good point is the strong sense of propriety brought out in here.  For example, when the two eldest Bennet girls, Jane and Elizabeth, fall in love, common sense moves them to court in amongst a group as they get to know their suitors better.  When their youngest sister elopes with a previous acquaintance, Elizabeth’s suitor nobly ventures to set things straight between the estranged couple and the troubled family.



As romantic as that sounds, probably the best point in Pride and Prejudice is the morality of it.  When my family or friends tell me stories of “back in my day,” I marvel at the scarcity of manners or just the simple task of being polite.  In Pride and Prejudice, just about every other sentence is laiden with morality, propriety, and sincereness to help each out of love and to ask nothing back.



Lastly, about Jane Austen’s “Pride & Prejudice,” it is such a wonderful book.  It is full of modern day examples, and inspite of a strong sense of morality, satire, and humor of life, it’s a magnificent love story of falling in love, of love lost, and of love found again.  So see for yourself the many beautiful qualities through the eyes of the Bennet family and the other characters as they tell the story of “Pride & Prejudice.”

© Copyright 2010 Inked Plume (escribeverdad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672465-Read-It